How to Increase your Advertising ROI in 5 Easy Steps…
Your company’s Return on Investment (ROI) in an advertising campaign can make or break your sales forecasts. So how do you advertise? Do you just place a few ads in the newspaper, send out some flyers to the neighbourhood, call the radio station, because who can afford a TV commercial ?
If this reminds you of your advertising strategy, you need to follow the next 5 steps:
- Generate a realistic marketing budget
- Decide who you want to target and how you want to target them
- Call a List Broker…..
- Hire a professional mailing company to send out your flyer or a call centre to make your telemarketing calls to your targets or allow your List Broker to suggest a great e-mail creative company.
- Watch the new clients roll in…..
Now that sounds easy, doesn’t it! Doesn’t it? OK, let’s look at those points:
- A Realistic Marketing Budget: Whether you are a start-up business, a branch office, a home-based business or a corporation, you must advertise. If you don’t, no one will know to find you. You can put an ad in the local newspaper and hope someone who needs your services or products, sees it; you can call your local radio station and get them to do an ad for you and again, you hope someone who needs your services or products, hears it….or you can get real, put 10% of your annual budget into a good, targeted advertising campaign and your company gets right in front of the people who need what you have and are ready to buy it.
- Who to Target? Do you want to target your city, your state or province, your country? Do you want to seek out business or consumer clients? If a consumer, is their age or income or marital status pertinent to your product or service? If a business, do you want to speak to the HR Manager or the Purchasing Director? How to Target? Do you want to send a catalogue or flyer? An e-mail campaign? Or a telephone approach?
- A List Broker…..? Definitely. Armed with the information from Nos. 1 and 2 above, your list broker will find you a list of exactly the market you want to target. This saves you and your employees time and money in trying to locate a list yourself. A good list broker will find out as much about your campaign as possible, will go out to the entire list industry…over 50,000 lists with more coming on each day…and find you the right list for your campaign.
- Hire someone to create your mailing piece or e-mail blast or telephone script. There are professionals out there who do this all day every day and know what works.
- Watch the clients roll in …. this is pretty self-explanatory.
Good luck with your next campaign.
Terry Newell, International List Broker phone: (604) 359-0700
SuperLists International Inc.